Sunday, April 5, 2009

so, it's my birthday in a couple of months....

Sadly, my tastes (limited edition) far exceed my budget (tightarse) and I often fall in passionate needy love with something I see on the internet only to realise it would cost me waaayy more than I'm prepared to spend (usually about $10). There is a history of winning the lottery in my family though so, despite never buying a ticket in my life, I like to prepare for my turn by keeping pictures of things that take my fancy. That way, when my ship comes in, I'll be ready to go shopping with none of this hand wringing, what-to-do-worries that lottery winners always have in tv documentaries. Below are some chairs I would very much like to own, sorry for the lack of accreditation but I can't remember where I got them from.


The chairs above are Kartelle Mademoiselle. Though I don't think expensive plastic chairs and dogs go together all that well, I have been thinking about covering my kitchen table with fabric like the blue one and then lacquering it to protect it. It can't look worse than scratched up formica with a big hole in the top.


Hand painted Eames shell chair. I wish I could draw this well, or that there was more furniture with pictures.


This couch looks so, so comfortable and I really like how you could use them together as a double/day bed or separately.


I would never actually buy something like this as it would be ruined in about five seconds. It sure is nice to look at though.

No comments: