Tuesday, February 10, 2009

yay for blu tac

So this is what the wall above my couch looks like - lots of random stuff. As this is a rental, it's all held up there with those stick on hooks and blu tac. Its not all that stable, and suffers badly in a stiff breeze. That biscuit tin lid (with the red roses) has fallen on my head about twenty times now.





How cute are these children? They are from a $1 vintage jigsaw puzzle I got at a garage sale.

I made this poster by cutting up lots and lots and lots of paint sample cards.

The colourful bits of wood are the rest of the pieces from the jigsaw puzzle. In my head they are flying across the wall away from the puzzle base but I don't know if it has that effect on anyone else. The painting above is of a cheap made in China tennis ball I stole off the dog.

I did this painting in Japan three years ago. If the house was on fire and I could only save one painting, this would be it.

When the puzzle pieces are in it shows the outside of a cottage. It's hard to see because a lot of the design has worn away but on the base is printed the scene inside the cottage. I would love to make a double layered picture like this one day.

No comments: